The commercial model for GovDC is illustrated below:
- The GovDC team manages the contract with Metronode on behalf of the NSW Government and ensures that contracted service levels are met.
- NSW Government agencies which migrate their infrastructure into GovDC sign a memorandum of understanding for the kilowatt capacity required (minimum 4kW).
- Public bodies may engage third parties to assist in the migration process or to provide managed services.
- Public bodies may procure SaaS, PaaS or IaaS from third parties listed on the NSW Buy catalogue.
- Companies listed in the NSWBuy catalogue under specific GovDC sub-categories for SaaS/PaaS/IaaS are permitted to use the GovDC Service Provider Logo to co-brand their services as legitimate services within the GovDC Marketplace. Marketplace service providers installing equipment in GovDC sign a sub-licence for the kilowatt rack capacity they require (minimum 8kW).
- Service providers who sign the sub-licence for rack capacity (IaaS) can earn revenue from other service providers (SaaS/PaaS) if the end services are provided exclusively to public bodies.